using grass for GEOLOGY

Simon Cox simon at cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au
Thu Jul 16 14:32:41 EDT 1992

We are interested in using grass as a geological map compilation tool.
I wonder if anyone else has any experience with this?

One set of programs which I was thinking would be useful would be some
structural data projections - eg stereographic projections of orientation
data which could be selected from a database using a combination of
spatial and attribute queries (rock type, location mask, etc).

Before I go ahead and try to implement this, I wanted to hear
from anyone else who may have done the same thing.   Any takers ???

Thanks

Simon Cox
Dept of Earth Sciences
Monash University