v.digit

Dave Gerdes dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Jul 16 10:59:07 EDT 1992

> From: dostie at ccrs.emr.ca (M Dostie)
> Subject: v.digit
> Sender: lists-owner at amber.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at amber.cecer.army.mil
> Date: Tue, 14 Jul 92 17:21:03 EDT
> Cc: kushigbo at ccrs.emr.ca (C. Kushigbor), henning at ccrs.emr.ca (Leo Henning)

> Mark Dostie
> System Support and Integration
> MDA / Ottawa Engineering
>
> Good Afternoon,
>
> 	I would really appreciate a quick answer on this ( doesn't everyone? ),
> 	what we are trying to do is seperate the code which is specific to
> 	the v.digit application from the Grass system.
>
> 	In other words, we are trying to put all the v.digit files ( any
> 	which are relevant ) into a directory with their include files and
> 	the related library files and then have a Makefile which generate
> 	the executable v.digit*
>
> 	Could you provide a list of the necessary files (.c) and perhaps
> 	a sample Makefile ( or Gmakefile ) which can be used outside of
> 	the Grass environment.
>
> 	Thank you for your assistance in advance.
>
> 	Mark Dostie

My first response to this was lost by the list server so I am retyping
this in from a printout that I managed to save.  Any previous responses
I have posted to other queries seem to be lost.  My appologies.

Digit relies on:

    src/libes/gis		# General GRASS library
    src/libes/vask		# Visual forms library
    src/libes/dig_ascii		# dig_ascii support
    src/libes/D			# high level video routines
    src/libes/display		# low level video routines
    src/libes/raster		# lower level video routines
    src/mapdev/Vlib		# high level vector library
    src/mapdev/diglib		# low level vector library
    src/mapdev/v.digit		# v.digit source code
    src/mapdev/bin_digit	# separate front end program
    src/mapdev/digitizers/*	# directories for each digitizer driver
				#    v.digit is actually compiled from here

Then you need a GRASS video driver running, which are in:

    src/display/devices/*	# directories for each video driver

which also need:

    src/display/devices/lib	# common library for vid drivers
    (src/libes/D)		# for some reason XDRIVER links this in

Then if you want to use gmake4.0, you will need the CMD directory with
the support programs:

    src/CMD/*			# GISGEN, setup, etc

Then with all that, I would think you will want the GRASS file manipulation
programs like  g.list, g.remove, etc.

    src/general/manage

Then there is the stuff that gets the user into GRASS

    src/general/gis		# you might want to strip some of this out

Then there are the display manipulation routines: d.mon, d.erase, d.vect, etc:

    src/display/*		# or as much as you want

Then there are the vector manipulation routines like v.support, v.clean,
v.in/out.ascii, v.in/out.dlg, v.patch, v.prune, etc.

    src/mapdev/*		# or as much as you want

Then assuming you want all that is above, you probably want man pages:

    src/general/g.manual
    man

I would say that v.digit would probably be a little difficult to separate
from GRASS.

--

  Dave Gerdes
  US Army Construction Engineering Research Lab
  dpgerdes at cerl.cecer.army.mil
  (217) 352-6511 x591