multiple utm zones

Bruce K. Wylie (303) 490 8336 wylie at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Fri Jul 17 09:03:11 EDT 1992

	I responed to the problem of Alaska's 10 UTM zones
through the use of m.setproj and v.proj. My understanding of
v.proj is that is changes projections of vector files between
mapsets, not locataions. (If this is wrong let me know.)
Therefore you want several mapsets with different projections
(e.g. Alberts equal area, utm 5, utm 6, etc.) under the same
location. What I proposed is that the location under which all
the different mapset projections lie be x,y.

Regards,

Bruce Wylie