GRASS4.0 installation

Osiander MEIXNER A8721GAJ at helios.edvz.univie.ac.at
Sat Jul 25 20:28:46 EDT 1992

Some hints to my problems would be appreciated:

1)  I ftped the grass4.0.cpio.Z file from the moon. Uncompress worked but
    now I have difficulties to go further on my IBM RS6000 (AIX 3.1.5):
    If I enter
      cpio -iv <grass4.0.cpio
    I get
      Out of phase--get help
      $
    The same applies to the world.cpio file.
    What have I done wrong ? Is a grass4.0.tar.Z file available ?

2)  How do I get the archive files of grassu-list ?
    Is the mailserver similar to LISTSERV ?

3)  I am looking for comments on the installation of GRASS4.0 on IBM RS6000
    with a 24bit videocard.

Thanks,
-Osiander Meixner (a8721gaj at awiuni11.edvz.univie.ac.at  A8721GAJ at AWIUNI11)