Importing TIFF-files into GRASS

WILLY at ITNSUN4.CINECA.IT WILLY at ITNSUN4.CINECA.IT
Mon Jun 8 13:04:00 EDT 1992

I have been trying to import raster-scanned TIFF files into GRASS,
using the PBMPLUS conversion toolkit. Until now I have not succeeded,
so I'm calling for your help. I have the following questions:

  - Can anyone provide me with a procedure(s) for the conversion
    of TIFF-files (any type) to GRASS binary (or ASCII) raster format.

  - Are the internal formats of GRASS, both vector and raster, known
    under a specific name, and where can I find their description.

        Willy Simons
        University of Trento, Italy