gnuplot contours

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sat Mar 14 21:21:47 EST 1992

Has anyone written anything to take grass raster maps
and produce surface-over-contour graphs using gnuplot?

Perhaps using r.out.ascii, a few prompts for titles,
axis labels, etc., with the possibility of replacing
category numbers with numeric values in labels?

d.3d just wasn't meant (to my knowledge) to produce
scientific plots with labelled axes. For some work
that I'm doing now, people really want to see more
that d.3d provides.

This should be a small chore for any aspiring young
csh or sh hacker.

Darrell