graphics window

Kirby Stephen AM-A 678-4329/88 skirby at wsmr-emh73.army.mil
Mon Mar 23 10:50:42 EST 1992

							3/23/92

To the Grass user community:
 I'm having a problem with d.mon.  When I start a graphics driver it says:
  Graphics driver [x0] started.
  Error-could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
  Lock file is ../grass4.0/sun4/locks/server_name/:0/x0.
The graphics monitor still appears but isn't useable.  When I try to stop it
I get a status of ?? for x0. (the write permissions to the $GISBASE/locks
directories are turned on for everyone)

 Also prior to this problem when I tried to enlarge my graphics window with
 the mouse the window would go blank and Grass would hung up.

Any ideas on these matters is greatly appreciated.
*         Steve Kirby               Atmospheric Sciences Laboratory           *
*                                   phone: 505-678-4329/88                    *
*                                   fax: 505-678-2432                         *
*                                   email: skirby at wsmr-emh73.army.mil         *