Out of Memory in v.support?

/usr/mail/jhurst jhurst at amb4.ese.ogi.edu
Wed May 13 18:49:24 EDT 1992

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble creating support files for some DLG-3 soils data.

When I run v.import, it executes without problems, but then any attempt
(v.stats or d.vect) to use the files so created ends quickly with the
unexciting result, "Out of Memory."

If I use v.in.dlg to create the dig and the dig_att file, I can display
the results, and they look OK.  But if I then run v.support or use
option 4 of v.import to generate the dig_plus file, I get the "Out of
Memory" problem again.  So the problem seems to be in creating the
the file topology.

We're running on IBM RS6000's, a platform with a rich variety of
identified holes, so this could easily be system specific.

The goal of this is to create raster files, so it seems I need the
dig_plus file.  Any ideas?  Thanks,

					Jim R. Hurst

					jhurst at ese.ogi.edu