Supervised classification statistics

Srin srin at brcsun1.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 9 09:37:19 EST 1992

>Is it possible to see the statistics of the signatures files in some other way
>that in i.class?

Eventhough I have not directly worked with image classification system of GRASS,
I would say you should be able to see the statistics of all the files.

>I would like to see the statistics of all the regions that belong to a certain
>signature file. I've been able to see them separately (one region at a time) but I
>would like to see all of them so I can compare the results.

What program are you using to see the statistics of a region. I would think
if you make your region big enough to hold all the scenes, probably
you can also get the stats for all the scenes. To do this I would say use
g.region commad to set your region. Next time when you have questions like this
can you email me a copy of the commands and responses you are seeing there.
In order to capture all this type script filename at the GRASS prompt.
Then you do all your normal operation, once you are done type exit that will
exit from that session and all the stuff you saw on the screen are captured
in the filename file. You can see that file and edit with your question
and mail it to me. If you have problem of using the script command ask
Sagio, he should be able to help.

>Something else. Is it possible to copy the regions drawn for a certain signature
>file to another signature file?

I would say there may not be a direct way, but it should be possible, I need
more info answer this question.

>Thanks
>
>Cristina Seabra
>New University of Lisbon