g.region

Linda Bragg x6451 lbragg at ncrds.er.usgs.gov
Mon Nov 9 09:22:46 EST 1992

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to change the zone in the g.region
> command.
> I managed to change the  North, South, West and East coordinates and also the
> resolution. The zone it is with is 16, but I'm working with a Landsat image
> from the south of Portugal that is in zone 29. So can anybody help me??
>
> Thanking in advance
>
> Cristina Seabra
> New University of Lisbon
> Lisbon, Portugal
>

> cis at fct.unl.pt

hi Christina,

I have been able to use g.region to change the zone.  First though you
must edit the region file under your windows subdirectory.  Edit the zone
appropriately.  Then

run g.region as a command line:

                  g.region region=filename

For some reason this will change the zone if it has been edited in the
region file.  g.region, as a menu driven command, will not let you
edit zone.  Also edit PROJ_INFO so that the zones match.

Try this and see if it works.

Linda Bragg
U.S. Geological Survey
956 National Center