No subject

Chenxaui Ma ma at soilwater.agr.okstate.edu
Mon Nov 9 11:36:06 EST 1992

I was working on GRASS4.0 under sun openwindow, basically doing start graphic
monitor, draw some raster maps on it, close the graphic monitor and then restart
the graphic monitor again. Because I was testing a c shell script I had writen
which can perform the jobs above. Everything seems OK until one time after
the graphic monitor is closed and I tried to open it again using the script,
an error message appeared on my working window as...

-------
Graphics driver [x0] started
Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>
Lock file is /usr/export/home/GRASS/GRASS4.0/sun4/locks/soilwater/:0.0.x0
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
--------

and at the same time I did see the graphic monitor had been started except with
message...

------
   GRASS4.0 - X Display Window
-------
on it. I tried to manually close the graphic monitor by issuing command d.mon
and get an error message...

------
Error - Locking mechanism failed
------
after logout the system and reenter again, I tried to repeat the job I did using
script manually and got the exactly the same error message. Is there any one    could tell me what I am doing wrong ?  Why does the graphic monitor behave like
this ?

Thanks in advance.

Fengxia