g.region

Linda Bragg x6451 lbragg at ncrds.er.usgs.gov
Thu Nov 12 13:53:18 EST 1992

Michael,
 We have a very complicated system.  Our system was originally set
up such that the location was in ALBERS coordinates and we were only
allowed to make mapsets under this area..  Our system administrator
did not believe that people wanted to work in UTMS and was very security
minded.  In other words people were not allowed to make new locations for
any new projects that they wanted to do so we had to improvise by putting
our UTM mapsets down under this location.  Things have improved since he
is no longer in control of the system.  However old habits die hard.

Linda Bragg