comp.infosystems.gis

McCauley Technical Services darrellmy at ids.net
Fri Nov 13 14:39:30 EST 1992

"Geographic Information Systems Discussion List"

I have been asked to explain the comp.infosystems.gis newsgroup.

It is a USENET group chartered to discuss just about anything regarding
GIS. The mailing list GIS-L is gatewayed into this newsgroup.
While it tends to be a free-for-all, there is a much larger
audience of GIS professionals.

If you have access to USENET news, then chances are high that you
already have access to this group (nearly all sites carry the comp
hierarchy). Check with your local guru.  If you want to find out more
about USENET, check out
  ftp at pit-manager.mit.edu:pub/usenet/news.announce.newusers/*

If you do not have access to USENET (and only in this situation),
you can subscribe to the mailing list. Send the message
	SUB GIS-L
	listserv at ubvm.bitnet
or
	listserv at ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu

(someone please correct me if this is not the correct listserv commands).

--Darrell