Create Internet news group?

Kenneth R. Brownfield brownfld at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Sun Nov 15 01:04:10 EST 1992

[...]
|previous mailing and was shot down. (I still don't see any
|signifigant difference in the mail in grassp and grassu.) However,

     I should be enforcing this more thoroughly.

|the grassp and grassu designators (ie. grassp-list at max.cecer.army.mil
|and grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil) would have to be retained in the

     Please keep in mind that the addresses are @moon.cecer.army.mil.  The
max.cecer.army.mil address appears in mailing list headers due to a DNS
"feature" I believe, but use addresses other than moon.cecer.army.mil only
at your own risk.  This applies to both the mailing lists _and_ the anonymous
FTP archive on moon.  This allows OGI to shuffle machine resources without
effects on the ~500 list and ftp users.

|relayed mail for sending replies back to the grasshopper from usenet.
|Now that I've voted for combining... Come to think of it the way my
|NewsReader works having a comp.gis.grassu and a comp.gis.grassp
|really wouldn't be a big deal at all.

     Remaining split would probably be much less confusing in the grand
scheme of things.  Also keep in mind that not all list subscribers have
access to netnews (there are quite a few UUCP and foreign addresses on the
lists,) much less a user-friendly news interface.

--
                                                          Ken.
                                                brownfld at cecer.army.mil
Kenneth R. Brownfield                    grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil
Office of GRASS Integration,              grass-ftp-admin at moon.cecer.army.mil
United States Army Corps of Engineers             (217) 352-6511 x526
Construction Engineering Research Laboratories    (217) 373-7222 <fax