p.map, the bottom line

Raymond Venneker venn at geo.vu.nl
Tue Nov 17 06:13:53 EST 1992

Here's a little hack to get a bottom line printed:

    - edit .../src/paint/Programs/p.map/cmd/map.c
    - line 199 reads:
	Ppictsize(fullwindow.rows+extra_lines, pixels+MARGIN);
    - change to
	Ppictsize(fullwindow.rows+extra_lines+MARGIN, pixels+MARGIN);
    - recompile

Caveat emptor:
	I've tried this on the preview and our ex1120 driver. It seems
	to work fine for different map aspect ratios (1, <1, >1).
	BUT: I didn't try it on what p.map considers devices used for
	printing at a certain scale, i.e. the ones with a paper roll.

Why no legend?
	The ppm driver has a fixed length (# of lines) and falls into
	the preview category. p.map simply doesn't do legends whenever
	the driver tells him/her? that it has a fixed length (i.e. no
	paper roll). Also, printing legends, comments assumes that the
	device (the driver in the case of ppm) is capable of text
	printing.

Comments/corrections welcome,

Raymond Venneker