importing TIFF files

Christine Weiss CMWHC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Fri Nov 20 09:22:27 EST 1992

Hello GRASS Users,
Does anyone have experience importing tiff files into GRASS?  I've tried
converting the tiff files into sunraster using the program ALCHEMY, but
GRASS wouldn't accept this format when I tried importing it via
r.in.sunrast.  Using ALCHEMY I also tried converting it to ERDAS format
and importing it via r.in.erdas: didn't work.  Next, I tried using PBM
PLUS (I think that's what it's called) to convert the files to sunrast
and to ascii, again, neither worked.  Anyone have any suggestions on
getting TIFF into GRASS?!
Thank you very much,
Christine Weiss