Extracting SPOTView images.

Laxmi Prasad Musunur mlp at forestry.auburn.edu
Mon Oct 5 16:23:08 EDT 1992

|Question 2:
|	Is there anyway one can buy a rectified image and then extract the image
|from the tape into an UTM location ?
|
|Laxmi P. Musunur

>(2) If you really want to extract directly into UTM location and have
>data already georeferenced you could do one of two things:
>
>(a) extract into an xy location and use unix commands to move all the
>data (raster as well as group) into the UTM location;
>(b) Remove the I_must_be_imagery_projection() call from the programs
>which extract images and this will allow you to put images directly
>into whatever location you wish. Be warned that the extraction
>utilities (with perhaps the exception of i.tape.other) may not know
>about rectified imagery.

>Note: you will have to run r.support to create a proper header for the
>images

>Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL

	I have few more questions about directly moving all data from
xy location to xy location. I feel that the first alternative is better.

Q. Would it still have the right zone information etc ?

	I'll try the first alternative and let you know if I have any further questions.

Thankyou for your time,
Laxmi P. Musunur (LP)