Extracting SPOTView images.

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Oct 8 10:21:29 EDT 1992

||Question 2:
||	Is there anyway one can buy a rectified image and then extract the image
||from the tape into an UTM location ?
||Laxmi P. Musunur
|
|>(2) If you really want to extract directly into UTM location and have
|>data already georeferenced you could do one of two things:
|>
|>(a) extract into an xy location and use unix commands to move all the
|>data (raster as well as group) into the UTM location;
|>(b) Remove the I_must_be_imagery_projection() call from the programs
|>which extract images and this will allow you to put images directly
|>into whatever location you wish. Be warned that the extraction
|>utilities (with perhaps the exception of i.tape.other) may not know
|>about rectified imagery.
|
|>Note: you will have to run r.support to create a proper header for the
|>images
|
|>Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
|
|	I have few more questions about directly moving all data from
|xy location to xy location. I feel that the first alternative is better.
|
|Q. Would it still have the right zone information etc ?

When you edit the header file using r.support it will notice that
the projection and zone fields aren't right and will ask you if you
want them changed to match the database projection and zone.

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 373-7277                P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005