GRASS and xv

Steffen Meyer sm646601 at longs.lance.colostate.edu
Tue Oct 20 17:59:33 EDT 1992

 <9210201830.AA14661 at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu>

  | can any body tell me about the experience of using GRASS with xv.
  | Whta I am hinting is that if I could change the intensity color
  | and other stuff using xv on a map generated by GRASS.
  |
  | Nalneesh Gaur

IDS group has implemented simultaneous use of GRASS and xv.  The
color maps are different for the two applications, and a color
change occurs as you move mouse cursor from one frame to another.

The grabbing of a screen image and conversion to a suitable format
works well.  150 dpi output on a Tek Phaserjet III is possible
by converting to post script.  Both 8.5x11 and 11x17 formats are
supported.

xv ver 2 has quite a flexible color alteration interface as well
as a partial screen grab facility.  At this point, this is the
most conventient method to produce un-annotated quick plots of
reasonable quality.  More work is planned in the near future in
this area.

Steffen Meyer

  Integrated Decision Support Group                       IDS group
  Center for Water Resource Engineering and Science           CWRES
  410 University Services Center,            601 South Howes Street
  Colorado State University,       Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 USA
  Phone: (303) 491-7620, -7626                  FAX: (303) 491-2293
  Internet: sm646601.Longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU      (129.82.109.16)