Paint driver for HP plotters?

Tim Martin; FSO; Soil Sciences martin at cs.ualberta.ca
Tue Oct 20 18:42:18 EDT 1992

I have been assigned the task of buying a plotter to use with GRASS.
I have been looking at the HP DraftMaster SX (pen plotter) and the
new HP DesignJet (Ink Jet technology) plotters.  Both use HP-GL
(HP-GL/2) plotting language.  I don't see a paint driver for this,
in the GRASS paint subdirectory.

1. Does GRASS have drivers for HP plotters?  Am I once again missing
   something obvious?  :)
2. Is anyone using either of these plotters to do GRASS stuff?
   If so, what are your impressions, etc?
3. Can anyone recommend other plotters, in a similar price range?
   I can get the HP's at between $5000 and $9000 Canadian; my
   budget can handle only the low end of the range.

Thanks for any comments.

Tim.

  Tim Martin                   *
  Spatial Information Systems  *   These opinions are my own:
  University of Alberta        *      My employer has none!
  martin at cs.ualberta.ca        *