d.start.x0

Elwin Koster ekoster at let.rug.nl
Tue Oct 27 09:51:46 EST 1992

  	Elwin Koster
	University of Groningen
	Architectural History
	contact me by:
	email - ekoster at let.rug.nl
	phone - (+31) 50 636096
	mail  - PO Box 716
		9700 AS Groningen
		the Netherlands

Hi Amin,
I was reading your question, and I warn you I have also just started with Grass
but I remember that you have to change your monitorcap-file.
You can always locate where files are with the `where' or `whereis' command.
As I am correct there is an example monitorcap file delivered with Grass.

> Hi,
> I am reading the draft manual of 4.0. It is mentioned that
> the monitor should be started and then selected with d.mon.
> The script d.start.x0 is used and then x0 is selected.
> I am using openwindow ver.2 and running grass in an xterm
> window. Where is the  d.start.x0 script? and what is the
> meaning of monitor?
>
> Thank you
>
> Amin

Good luck,