d.start.x0

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Oct 27 13:27:24 EST 1992

> GRASS  applications  that  perform   graphics   (programs   likes
> d.display,  d.rast,  d.vect)  are  written  with  a GRASS-defined

I suppose this is a good time to remind people of another
program which works like this: g.gnuplot. gnuplot is a plotting
package that does x-y graphs, x-y-z surfaces, contours, etc.
g.gnuplot works just like regular gnuplot (for those of you that know
the program), but it uses the grass driver (whichever driver
is selected).

Modifications necessary to make g.gnuplot from gnuplot v3.2 sources
are available from pasture.ecn.purdue.edu:/pub/mccauley/grass.  There is also
a sun4 binary there.

For more information about gnuplot, use archie or see
the newsgroup comp.graphics.gnuplot.

> device-independent function calls. These calls transmit  requests
> to  a  program  which is listening for such requests and executes
> them for the specific device for which  they  were  written  -  a
> client-server  type  relationship.  GRASS calls the program which

Because of certain restrictions, I cannot contribute this code
to grass4.1 (though it is freely available---see above).

--Darrell McCauley