greyscale experience

Steve Franklin franklin at ug.cs.dal.ca
Tue Sep 15 09:50:17 EDT 1992

I hope this isn't considered a repetitive if not uninformed question,
but I am working with various grayscale images that taht are relatively
detailed. The precision required for dealing with these images surpasses
the 8-level greyscale we are presently dealing with. Apparently the drivers
we have easily implement 256 colors, but only have an 8 greyscale bandwidth.
Is this easy to overcome? Although I am becoming reasonably adept with
GRASS, I do not pretend to be any sort of programmer. However, there is
a need for enhanced precision, and I'm afraid I don't have a solution for it.

   StStsteve Franklin