m.dem.examine

Olga Fishman olga at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Sep 15 16:40:05 EDT 1992

Hi,
first of all, the m.dem.examine program only can read from
the tape file and not from the binary file which is the dump
from the tape. To read the file you should use m.dem.extract version
(which i have modified very resently). m.dem.extract also has
an option right now to only examine the tape/file. You can do it
by not specifying the output file name.

also I  believe m.dem.extract does not work in lat-lon
only in UTM.

As for the official DEM format, I don't have any files,
but I do have some pages from the book describing this format.
If you want i can fax you a copy.

Olga