r.in.sunrast

Bruce K. Wylie (303) 490 8336 wylie at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Tue Sep 15 17:17:03 EDT 1992

	Recently I saved an annotated GRASS image with mitsutool
and wanted to import it to GRASS. I used the Xwindow
(Openwindows)  Snapshot tool on our Spark station and was able
to read the annotated image just fine. I assumed that this meant
that the image was in sun raster format. I used r.in.sunrast but
the image came in distorted with a twisting to the right the
further down the image you went (kind of a 3d effect except it
wrapped around the screen and started reappearing on the left
side of the screen).  I tried using r.support to vary the rows
and columns but didn't appear to be having much luck (or
patience). Any ideas of possible remidies?

Bruce Wylie