GRASS FTP site

Jim Aanstoos (919) 541-6890 AANSTOOS%gizmo at rti.rti.org
Wed Sep 16 14:36:22 EDT 1992

>Here are no problems getting to moon but using the 'dir' - command.
>Everytime following message appears:
>
> 230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
> ftp> dir
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 425 Can't build data connection: Interrupted system service.

I, too get the same results for either 'dir' or 'ls -l' ftp
commands.  But I've noticed the following, which I mention
here in case they may give some clues as to the problem:

1. SOMEtimes the commands DO work properly, indicating an intermittent
problem (most of the time they fail, for me).

2. I have noticed that the 'ls' command seems to work all the time,
even when the 'ls -l' version fails.
Jim Aanstoos
Research Triangle Institute
email: aanstoos%gizmo at rti.rti.org