bring intergraph files to grass

Daniel Rodriguez danr at rsgis3.tamu.edu
Thu Sep 17 00:07:33 EDT 1992

	I have four 7.5 topographic maps scanned by Intergraph which I need to
convert to a GRASS format to create contour lines. They are in *.COT format. The problem is that the only way of reading the files is to run a intergraph
command name IRSAC. IF some one has done this before of reading the files into
 Intergraph and create raster files, I would appreciate any information on the
procedure (address below).
If not, does anybody know an easier way of converting their files from their
*.COT format into a format can be read either directly into GRASS or ARC/INFO?  I have tried the UNIX command Alchemy, but the *.COT cannot be read properly by the command because either the header and format is different from what Alchemy can read.
If there is an easier way of converting the files than using the command IRSAC, I would appreciate any suggestions from anybody.
					Thank you,
						Daniel H. Rodriguez
						(409) 845-9425

					Texas A&M Unversity