importing Landsat imagery - not from tape

larss at fmi.kth.se larss at fmi.kth.se
Sun Sep 20 12:48:48 EDT 1992

>  We have a LandsatTM subset (900x900 pixels), bands 2-5 only,
>  as 4 separate files, one for each band (ie BSQ).  Can anyone
>  offer advice how to import this into GRASS, as *imagery*.

Just copy your files to $LOCATION/cell directory and run r.support on
each of your four files.

If you don't have a LOCATION covering your area.  Start a new Grass
session by defining a location that is large enough for your images.

Good luck !

Lars

Lars Schylberg                 Email: larss at fmi.kth.se    (Internet)
Department of Photogrammetry          larss at sekth.bitnet  (Bitnet)
Royal Institute of Technology  Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33     (office)
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN    Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10