GRASS - Unix shell problems

W. Fredrick Limp fred at kirk.uark.edu
Tue Sep 22 16:42:08 EDT 1992

> Hello GRASS Users,
>
> When I'm running GRASS (on a Sparc 2 w/ Openwindows 2 [although I've never run
> GRASS on anything else]), GRASS doesn't seem to interact with the c-shell
> very nicely. Specifically:
>
> 1. It doesn't know the aliases that are in my .cshrc file.
when GRASS starts up the GIS.sh sets up a new c shell environment
which "looses" your current aliases... see a discussion of how to
fix this in a Growing GRASS column a couple of GRASS CLIPPINGS ago
(unless you've used the clippings for mulch

--
W. Fredrick Limp,   Director                     FAX: (501) 575-3846
CAST, Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies   TEL: (501) 575-6159
Fayetteville AR 72701                             fred at kirk.uark.edu