surface from topo map?

Neel Smith nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu
Thu Sep 24 14:40:22 EDT 1992

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has ever made an elevation surface
from a rasterized topo map.

I have tried nearly everything I can think of in GRASS, without success.
r.surf.contour has a bug, it seems, that makes it fatally slow.  (Months
of cpu time for the area I would like to make a surface for.)

I have been unable to get r.surf.idw to run without core dumping.
r.surf.idw2 runs sporadically, and also core dumps frequently.

I'm running under ultrix 4.2 on DEC hardware;  the data is in a utm coordinate
system.

ANY advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Neel Smith
nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu