importing a binary raster layer into Grass

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Sep 24 23:33:27 EDT 1992

Try the simple route: place your files into the cell directory
and run v.support.

|Hello,
|    I am presently using a program which output data in 4 byte binary format and1 byte binary. I would like to import these files into grass. I would appreciateany suggestions as to how i can create the needed support files.
|
|    I tried to doctor r.in.ascii by changing the input read to a binary read
|using "fread" but I have not been successful. I have tried to read in 4 bytes
|into a long integer space then to place that onto the row buffer from which it
|is written to a file.
|
|   Thanks
|
|Steve Huddle
|University of Guelph
|email huddle at picard.eos.uoguelph.ca

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 373-7277                P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005