No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Sat Apr 3 02:26:57 EST 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: is ps.map working?
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1993 07:26:53 GMT

In <9303302302.AA00767 at mtqgrass.ESD.ORNL.GOV> hnw at mtqgrass.ESD.ORNL.GOV (Bill Hargrove) writes:

>GrassHoppers:
>     Has anyone successfully used ps.map in 4.1beta successfully yet?  I
>cobbled up a PostScript device under $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices (not
>psdevices, as the g.manual page states) called phaserps like so:

>level: 2
>page width: 8.5
>page height: 11.0
>top margin: 0.25
>bottom margin: 0.25
>left margin: 0.25
>right margin: 0.25
>resolution: 300

>  and I can select it with ps.select, no problem.  But when I try to use
>ps.map, after answering all of the prompts, when I hit return, I get an
>immediate Segmentation fault.  It does write out the script file, if I
>request that, but only creates a zero-length postscript file.

>  Anyone know anything about this?  It looks like a nice tool.  Anybody
>know an E-mail address forPaul Carlson, USDA, SCS, NHQ-CGIS?

>                                   Thanks,
>   ____                          Oak Ridge National Laboratory
>    /  )      /  /      /  /     Environmental Sciences Division
>   /--<   o  /  /      /--/      P.O. Box 2008, M.S. 6038
>  /___/__<__/__/_     /  / _     Oak Ridge, TN  37830-6038
>William W. Hargrove              (615) 574-1902
>hnw at mtqgrass.esd.ornl.gov        (615) 576-8646 (fax)

Please report this to grassbug at zorro.cecer.army.mil. This has been
reported but without a script I haven't been able to get ps.map
to fails. Can you include a script for the spearfish database
that I can use to track down the problem. There is one obvious
]bug in do_labels.c - size is not properly initialized and text
that doesn't explicitly set size could fail.
Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005