r.le programs

BAKERWL BAKERWL at corral.uwyo.edu
Sun Apr 4 11:45:35 EDT 1993

Version 2.0 of the r.le programs for calculating measures of landscape
structure using GRASS has been on the grass/incoming directory in file
"rle.tar.Z" for a few weekson the GRASS ftp server for a few weeks.

I have heard that it can be compiled on Sun Sparcs and with some
modification on an Apollo.

I have not heard from anyone yet about their experience in using these
programs.  Are the programs useful?  Have you been able to figure out
how to use them?  Have you found bugs in using the programs?  Are there
features missing that you would like to see in future versions?

I would appreciate any comments that you might have about these programs.
Please send them directly to me, rather than to the user's list (i.e.,
don't use the reply command directly).  Thanks.

	Bill Baker
	bakerwl at corral.uwyo.edu
	Dept. of Geography
	University of Wyoming