still having trouble starting graphics monitor

Rebecca Scheckler rebecca at atum.ento.vt.edu
Wed Apr 7 09:56:56 EDT 1993

I am trying to run grass4.0 from my sun in a macX window.  Grass starts up
without any problems but the graphics monitor will not start.  I was having
trouble with fonts but cleared up this problem by recopying all fonts from
my source disk of macX.  However I am still having trouble starting the
graphics monitor.  I have already tried all th eposted suggestions.  Can
anyone interpret these new error messages:

Graphics driver [x0] started
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  78 (X_CreateColormap)
  Serial number of failed request:  13
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
* Rebecca Scheckler                 Information Systems and Insect Studies
* Department of Entomology          rebecca at atum.ento.vt.edu(internet)
* 211 Price Hall                    rebeccas at vtvm1(bitnet)
* Blacksburg, VA 24061-0319         fax: 703-231-9131
*                                   phone: 703-231-7216