Grass4.1beta

Michael Hill mhill at chiswick.anprod.csiro.au
Fri Apr 9 18:54:14 EDT 1993

Hi,

Two queries.

1. The XDRIVER failed to make in Grass4.1beta on our Sparc 2. The problem
was the file includes.h which looks for non-existent Xol.h, Xlib.h etc in
usr/openwin/include. Our system is standard I think. What is the solution?
At present our solution is simply to use the compiled XDRIVER from Grass4.0
which seems to work perfectly.

2. Has OPENLOOK been abandoned as a format for XGRASS, or are there plans
to enable XGRASS under OPENLOOK in the future? We do not have, nor are we
likely to get MOTIF in the near future. I suspect there are many others out
there who wonder about this.

Grass4.1beta looks good, but I bet it is even better if one can use XGRASS.

Thanks

Mike Hill

Michael J Hill
Research Scientist
CSIRO Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, NSW, Australia,2350.
E-Mail address: mhill at chiswick.anprod.csiro.au