3-D isosurfaces

root at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu root at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu
Mon Apr 12 13:49:40 EDT 1993

according to you
Does grass allow for  viewing of data  that occurs at an elevation other
than the surface?  What I mean is, say I had topography with vegetation
overlayed as one surface and I also wanted to see a surface of vertical
velocity at 1km above ground level, or does GRASS only allow one 2-D
surface?

What about  3-D isosurfaces?

my answer:

A 3 dimensional analysis as such can not be done. But you could have
more than one maps as two dimensional layers. In d.3d you can drape
the surface of vertical velocity over the topography, but that would
just be for viewing purposes. You cannot query from those.

I hope that answers your questions

*  Nalneesh Gaur                      [][][][]   []    []       *
*  GIS & Environmental modelling lab  []    []   []    []       *
*  University of Oklahoma             []    []   []    []       *
*  Norman, OK 73019                   [][][][]   [][][][]       *