UNIX Bourne shell script

Bill Jackson jackson at sage.cecer.army.mil
Fri Apr 23 17:48:32 EDT 1993

Hello all,

I hope someone out there can give me some advice on how I might put
together a loop that would take a file with two columns and n rows
the first field contains a number which indicates the number of times
a particular easting occurs in a file of coordinates representing nodes in
a road network. This file was processed to output the duplicate and unique
coordinates and the number of times they occur.

So i need to create a nested loop which will process the file n times and
within that loop echo the Easting the number of times it occurs in the original file  >> into a file then go to the next line and
take the first field ( the number) and echo that easting the number of times
it occurs etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Jackson
USACERL