UNIX Bourne shell script

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Sun Apr 25 14:55:51 EDT 1993

I hope that I have understood your question correctly but I think
this line should do the trick.

 cat file | awk '{ for ( i=1; i <= $1 ; i++ ) print $2 }'

Lars

Lars Schylberg                          Email: larss at fmi.kth.se
Dept. of Geodesy and Photogrammetry
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)     Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN             Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10