No subject

News Account news at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU
Tue Aug 10 16:46:47 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: copeland at lamar.ColoState.EDU (Jeffrey Copeland)
Subject: HELP lat-lon vector import
Sender: news at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU (News Account)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1993 20:46:45 GMT

I've been banging my head against the wall with this one.

I work with lat-lon coordinate files.  I have been successful in importing
both raster and site data into GRASS with the lat-lon coordinate system.
The problem is in getting my vector files (state, country borders, rivers,...)
into GRASS.  I've looked at the output of v.out.ascii and tried mimicing
its format but all I get is nothing in the vector binary file and
v.in.ascii dumps  <?? latvalue lonvalue> to the screen for all of my 30,000+
points in my line segments.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all,

Jeffrey Copeland                      | We're wanted men,
Colorado State University             | We'll strike again,
Atmospheric Science                   | But first let's have a beer!
303-491-8502                          |
copeland at homebrew.atmos.colostate.edu | J.Buffet, Great Filling Station Holdup