Check category by enter utm coordinate

Chin Shien Wu johnwu at forestry.auburn.edu
Wed Aug 11 12:29:44 EDT 1993

Dear Sirs:
I have made a classified map of southeast Alabama. I want to check the percent correct of the classification. I have over one hundred ground sample points with utm coordinates need to be checked. I used d.what.rast and d.zoom to check each sample point on my classified map. It's a time comsuming and tedious work. I hope someone can create a program that I can check the catagories of points by entering an input file which consists of utm coordinates. The program may look like:
d.rast.what input=filename.in output=filename.out

I believe this program will be very useful to all grass users.

Thanks for your contribution and kindness.

John Wu