rle out of memory problem using patch

mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
Thu Aug 19 07:32:13 EDT 1993

> We also have the rle landscape structure programs from the
> Univ. of Wyoming.
What is the 'rle landscape structure programs' and how does one
get them from U of W?

> G_calloc out of memory
I am not familiar with the structure of rle(?) files or how the
patch program works, but... I have often seen the G_calloc error when
something like a data file that was created on an Intel machine is
used on a machine that has the opposite byte ordering. This screws up
the values in a data file and GRASS pukes when it attempts to allocate
large (or negative) amounts of memory. Is it possible that this type of
scenario is true in your case?  Just a thought :)

Let me know if it works.
Pat McClanahan		Internet:mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
EROS Data Center 		 mcclanah at edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov
Sioux Falls, SD