Adding *.man files to online manuals

Doug Hersh dhersh at lupine.mbl.edu
Fri Aug 20 15:44:00 EDT 1993

How does one add the *.man files recieved with contributed programs
so that they appear in the g.manual listing, (command) help, and
online g.help listing?  I figure that these files need to be put in
some directory and have something done to them, but I haven't found
any instructions to that effect.

I believe I have managed to get source and binary in the correct
directories, but other users are not likely to know that these
programs are available unless I print out the man pages or make
them available online.

Thanks for any help you can offer.