No subject

Rosalie BUCK buckr at qdpii.ind.dpi.qld.gov.au
Fri Dec 3 03:21:53 EST 1993

Dear fellow GRASS users and programmers

Has anyone compiled GRASS 4.1 (with update 1 or 2) on a SUN running
Solaris 2.3, the new version of the operating system?

If so, I would be grateful for news of how it was done: for example
a copy of the file containing the local information generated by
/utils/setup (i.e. the file which is stored under /src/CMD/head).

It is not easy to pin down the source of my problems when compiling,
but one seems to be the UNIX curses library. When this library is
involved (which seems to be when the GRASS vask library is involved)
I get 'undefined symbol' error messages back from the compiler.

Compilation seems OK on routines which do not involve these libraries.
Perhaps the problem has to do with the environment in which I
am compiling. The original  /head file containing local information
which I have been using is essentially like this.

Any comments??

StJohn Kettle, Queensland Forest Service, Australia

	**************/head file follows ************
CC                  = /usr/ucb/cc
ARCH                = sun4

GISBASE             = /h2/locke/applications/grass/sun4
UNIX_BIN            = /tmp

DEFAULT_DATABASE    = /h2/locke/applications/grass/data
DEFAULT_LOCATION    = fish

COMPILE_FLAGS       = -O
LDFLAGS             = -s

XCFLAGS             = -D_NO_PROTO
XLDFLAGS            =
XINCPATH            = -I/usr/openwin/include
XMINCPATH              		# we don't use xgrass
XLIBPATH            = -L/usr/openwin/lib
XTLIBPATH           = -L/usr/openwin/lib
XMLIBPATH           =
XLIB                = -lX11
XTLIB               = -lXt
XMLIB               = -lXm
XEXTRALIBS          =

TERMLIB             =
CURSES              = -lcurses $(TERMLIB)
MATHLIB             = -lm

#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?
#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?; ranlib $@
#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?; ar ts $@
#                   LIBRULE = ar rc $@ `lorder $(OBJ) | tsort`
LIBRULE             = ar ruv $@ $?

USE_TERMIO          = -DUSE_TERMIO
USE_MTIO            = -DUSE_MTIO
USE_FTIME           =
DIGITFLAGS          =
VECTLIBFLAGS        =
GETHOSTNAME         = -DGETHOSTNAME_UNAME