how to combine two raster maps

E.A. Koster ekoster at let.rug.nl
Mon Dec 6 06:19:17 EST 1993

Can anyone tell me what to do ?

I have two rastermaps, e.g. A and B
both maps have different regions and a different scale
now I want to `overlay' these maps, but because of the different region and scale this won't work.

Acording to former answers I ran `i.points' and I have marked reference-points on both maps, but what do I have to do to bring these maps to the same scale and region so they will fit ?

g.help points me to the tutorial `Image processing', but where is this tutorial?

Maybe some one can tell me step-by-step how to do such a thing, cause once you have seen it ...

I hope someone can answer these questions,
Elwin

	  ARCHITECTURE, MORPHOLOGY and INFORMATION-SYSTEMS

	Elwin Koster               email: ekoster at let.rug.nl
	University of Groningen    phone:   (+31) 50 636 096
	K.A.A.                     fax:     (+31) 50 635 886
	P.O. BOX 716
	9700 AS Groningen
	the Netherlands