v.patch output (fwd)

Bernd Munier bernd at ruc.dk
Thu Dec 9 03:35:17 EST 1993

To  Richard & Lesley-Ann

Yes, you should specify that you want to remove a VECTOR map, why not use
the interactive mode of g.remove, if you are unshure of the syntax?

Regarding the v.digit problem, see below at ***

> Having had to delete the odd vector file myself - you need to specify that it is
> vector, (the default is raster).  Try
>
>                 g.remove vect=topo

> On Wed, 8 Dec 1993, Lesley-Ann Dupigny wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am running GRASS 4.0 and created a map of a Caribbean island in v.digit.
> > The map was on two sheets, and were therefore joined with v.patch. I then
> > ran v.support on the patched output (soils) before copying it with g.copy
> > to another file (topo). I then edited the new file (topo) in v.digit with
> > the "no digitizer" option. The edited (topo) file could be viewed with
> > d.vect, however, when I went back into v.digit this time specifying the
> > Calcomp digitizer, no map appeared when the screen was eventually redrawn.

*** Are you shure, what you have set the correct window, ie. what corresponds
to g.region if you are using v.digit.

v.digit reads the default window from the header of the actual map, NOT
from the g.region settings. So, have a look at the border koordinates, map-
projection information, zone number (for UTM) etc.

Using a digitizing table, you will be asked to point out the display window
on the digitizing table at start-up (after specifying and digitizing ref.
points - check those too! ).

Hop that will help

Greetings

 		Bernd Muenier