d.labels

robert atnip atterbury!robert at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Thu Dec 9 08:42:30 EST 1993

> In grass4.1 im trying to run d.labels.
> When I try to edit an existing label I keep
> getting a segmentation fault.  Is this a bug or what?
>
> Robert Atnip

I remember having the same problem in version 4.0; it wasn't very serious,
though - no labels were lost, you just had to start the d.labels program
again. If you don't want to use the d.labels program, you can manually
edit the label-file (it's in $LOCATION/paint/labels).

Philip Verhagen

--

			S t i c h t i n g  R A A P

		Regionaal Archeologisch Archiverings Projekt

adress: 	Plantage Muidergracht 14
	        1018 TV Amsterdam
	       	THE NETHERLANDS
phone/fax:	(31) 20 525 5834
e-mail:		motte at hacktic.nl

Philip,
	Thanks for your reply. I was able to put 56 labels in the file using d.labels but, every time I try to add more I get the segmentation fault and get kicked out of  the program.  I could try to manually edit the file but I would have to find the
coordinates for each label and would take forever.
	Is there a limit on how many labels you can put in a file using the d.labels
program?