xgrass4.1

Mark P. Line markline at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Wed Dec 22 20:23:30 EST 1993

On Wed, 22 Dec 1993, Craig A. Miller wrote:

> I have a question that has been nagging me for sometime.  It was my
> understanding that XGRASS required Motif.  If so, how is it that it is
> successfully running under openwindows on so many SUN's?

XGRASS requires an installed copy of the Motif libraries to compile, but
not to run. From what I gather, you need a Motif runtime license to run
*legally*, though, even if the libraries are not required technically.

Could somebody who knows about Motif licensing *please* post a definitive
answer to this legal question? Or could somebody interested in Motif call
the Open Software Foundation and find out, and post their answer?

-- Mark

Mark P. Line                       Phone: +1-206-733-6040
Open Pathways                        Fax: +1-206-733-6040
P.O. Box F                         Email: markline at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Bellingham, WA 98227-0296