converting arc-info data to grass

Eric Lambert lambert at gis.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:02:07 EST 1993

With regards to the message that follows, any arc file in the .e00 format
has been "exported" from arc and must first be "imported" back into arc.  Once
the file has been imported into arc, you can run the arc "ungenerate" command.
This whole process of arc-to-grass is less than straight forward, but it is
possible.  I am sending along a rather lengthy summary of information about
the arc-to-grass conversion process.  It should give you what you need to
bring the files across.  Good luck, and drop another line to me directly if
you have a specific question.

-Eric Lambert

Eric Lambert                                    Lab: (217) 333-5919
Illinois Natural History Survey
607 E. Peabody Drive
Champaign, IL 61802

E-mail:lambert at gis.uiuc.edu