converting arc-info data to grass

Allan Axon aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov
Wed Dec 29 11:37:39 EST 1993

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Wed Dec 29 10:34:57 1993
> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 08:21:36 EST
> From: atterbury!robert (robert atnip)
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Subject: converting arc-info data to grass
>
> HI, I have a file I received from USGS that is bedrock geology.  It is in
> Arc-info format.  The name of the file is bed_geol.e00.  I tried v.in.arc but
> I get an error message "WARNING: File could NOT be opened for reading".
> If any one knows how to convert this file please let me know.
>
> THANKS
> 				Robert Atnip
> 				Camp Atterbury
> 				(812) 526-1249
> 				robert%atterbury at cerl.cecer.army.mil

The arc-info files to be imported must be stored in a directory called
/arc within your mapset.

Example

/dv1/grass_data/location/mapset/arc/bed_geol.e00

Good luck,
Allan Axon

Ohio Department of Natural Resources |
Division of Geological Survey        |
Mineral Resources and                |      Phone: 614-265-1030
        Geochemistry Section         |      FAX:   614-447-1918
4383 Fountain Square Dr.             |
Columbus, OH  43224-1362             |
Internet:  aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov