DXF files from ARC/INFO

ts1 4350 ts1 at gasco.com
Wed Dec 29 18:21:32 EST 1993

Hello Grassers,

I've been importing an Arc/Info DXF file into GRASS. I'm under the impression that text
from the Arc/Info coverage can be imported into GRASS.  When I convert the file into
a GRASS vector using 'v.in.dxf,' all I get are the "boxes" that surround the text.

Well, I'm not too interested in "boxes."  I would like to see the text! Can this be done?
The text is in the Arc/Info dxf file...it can be viewed. The program v.cadlabel is returning
an error message saying "Textfile line 999 NOT labelled" - is this significant?

Any ideas folks?

THANKS!

Ron Howard  (rlh at gasco.com   ph. (503)244-1053 ext 4350)